Relocation can be complicated at times. We get local Philadelphia home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house fast in Philadelphia“. The great thing is that we’re able to help those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Philadelphia PA right now!).
Moving can be stressful but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way. Too many times here in Philadelphia we deal with homeowners who have let their previous house either sit empty and either drain their pockets or rack up unpaid debt and has ruined their credit. Don’t let that happen to you because it can be easily avoided.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Philadelphia, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out. Most people are living paycheck to paycheck. There are not too many people out there who can afford to allow one of their houses to deteriorate.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Philadelphia PA house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Philadelphia… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. Since we are licensed agents as well, we can provide you an accurate comparable market analysis of your house to give you the best idea of what you can sell it for on the open market. Once you know what the house is wort in the current market… that sets the basis for how much you may or may not be able willing to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. We understand that sellers want to make the most money but overpricing a house hurts you in the long run. Instead of selling for a competitive price, you overprice it and then it sits for an extended period of time. Now you are making payments on 2 separate houses, while the perceived value of your previous house declines. When a house sits on the market for too long, home buyers naturally think that something is seriously wrong with it. So decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. So it is important to start the process of selling as soon as possible. Call your trusted agent and get things moving. If you decide to work with us, we actually provide you a very unique benefit aside from other home buyers. As licensed agents, we can helping you list your property. But if you don’t want to list with an agent to sell… we are a reputable local home buying company and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the dollar amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses.If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent).Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000.But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that?Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! We can help you with that. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point especially in a super competitive market like Philadelphia.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is EZ Real Estate Solutions LLC And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Philadelphia?
We’re investors and agents. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Philadelphia home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another. Or, if they desire, simply helping them list their homes.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Philadelphia community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Philadelphia real estate, so please feel free to call us at 215-770-0260 and chat with us anytime.